• RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Green Idea 1 : ' Find your nearest Farmer's Market and go there this weekend with friends...
  • Green Idea 2 : ' Swap your old incandescent bulbs for CFLs when they burn out and start saving $$$
  • Green Idea 3 : ' Try using your bike this weekend instead of your car...
  • Green Idea 4 : ' This Spring why not plant a small kitchen garden of tomatoes and peppers on your balcony or patio?
  • Green Idea 5 : ' What are you waiting for? Make the change today!
  • SUSTAINABLE DESIGN

    The basic objectives of sustainability are to reduce consumption of non-renewable resources, minimize waste, and create healthy, productive environments.

  • URBAN GARDENING

    You can grow your own food whether you live on a rural farm or in a tiny urban apartment. Urban gardening is all about using space wisely to regain a closer connection with your food and beautify your home or neighborhood.

  • RENEWABLE ENERGY

    Explore energy resources, such as wind, solar, hydroelectric, biomass, geothermal, ocean thermal, and wave power, that replenish themselves within a short period.

  • LOCAL FARMERS MARKETS

    Locating the Farmers' Market nearest to you is now only a few clicks away. Localharvest.org is a useful and straight-forward site designed to faciliate your quest.

Sunday

Words Are Important- The Contest!

Posted by vergelimbo On 8:36 PM 23 comments


I'm considering using this image as the vergelimbo logo... What do you think?

Please help me decide by rating the logo design from 1-10 by clicking on the comments below.
[It would replace the green tic-tacky image you now see up top]

Contest:
Prize for the longest possible word using the letters of VERGELIMBO

23 comments:

How bout GROVEL?

I like the logo 8.5

Seb

I think you can do a whole lot better, so I am going to give it a 3. I am working un a word, I will get back to you.

Mi lover beg (please excuse me for the bad grammar and spelling, but you get the jist)

Not bad verge: 7.5
maybe the tiles on a diffrent backdrop

MOBILE -6 letters

Lover?

8/10 I agrre with Johann-it needs a new backdrop not the burgandy

KITT

I love the scrabble piecess, but I don't like the green writing below - it's hard to see. I give it a 6, but if you remove the green writing I give it an 8!

I tend to agree...new background and different color text. I give it a 7.

Thanks for the suggestions to date

Can't anyone beat 6 letters?

VL

Anagrams that use all the letters:

"ME BIG LOVER"

"REMOVE GLIB"

TEN baby, TEN!

aj

The new logo is great: has a good integrated concept bunch: scrabble, words, the score on the letters gives it a depth of meaning in this context quite above the scoring purpose for scrabble: it alludes to a value system in the sense of meaning. The Gaudiesque tile effect is good, giving it an avant garde feel, sort of what you want for indie media. And, as you say, it elevates words and has a dynamic in that the scrabble tiles indicate words in play (in both senses), the potentiality in combination, and an edgy feeling that these letters could re-combine and surprise with a different meaning: the underlying irreverent and contrarian nature of satire perhaps, where things are not always what they seem. Of course, the ubiquity and familiarity of the scrabble pieces are a plus.

Go with it I say!

3/10
Good Idea, doesn't work for me though.
Neurobox

10, I love scrabble, I'm into it.

:)

How about "EMERGE"?

I give it a 7.5

Is it a time for change?

I like "LIMEGELO"

Yum

JP

Muffster!

Sorry you had trouble leaving the comment...you have to type in the jumble letters pictured and click on the "Other" category then enter your web name.
Verge is doing very well, new projects abound.Detais to follow...

UNFORTUNATELY: EMERGE requires 3 E's
I wish it were possible for my "nom de net", vergelimbo, to contain the word: "emerge"

VL

I like the scrabble letters; not wild about the colors, but it's an improvement on what's there. But, yeah, I could dance to it - I'll give it an 8.8

I think BEGRIME has seven letters, no?

overbilge
bilge mover
glib move

I guess the contest rules don't state that it has to be a real word, just one word. In which case GERBILMOVE uses all ten letters.

And wins the prize.

The Contest is Over!

The Alphabitch takes her rightful position as "top-dog", by invoking a variation of the ten letter mantra popularized by Richard Gere in the '80's.

QV: "Movegerbil"

The Prize: A dinner with verge. Email me for your availability and preferences.

VL

Ha! I win!

I've confirmed via our mutual acquaintance that you're not dangerously weird, & will accept the prize.

Is there anything less than zero? Try some creativity.

I protest!!!!

"Bilge mover" can be arbitrarily condensed into one word as well, and therefore uses all the letter for a tie!!!

Are you gonna get up here any time soon?