• RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Green Idea 1 : ' Find your nearest Farmer's Market and go there this weekend with friends...
  • Green Idea 2 : ' Swap your old incandescent bulbs for CFLs when they burn out and start saving $$$
  • Green Idea 3 : ' Try using your bike this weekend instead of your car...
  • Green Idea 4 : ' This Spring why not plant a small kitchen garden of tomatoes and peppers on your balcony or patio?
  • Green Idea 5 : ' What are you waiting for? Make the change today!
  • SUSTAINABLE DESIGN

    The basic objectives of sustainability are to reduce consumption of non-renewable resources, minimize waste, and create healthy, productive environments.

  • URBAN GARDENING

    You can grow your own food whether you live on a rural farm or in a tiny urban apartment. Urban gardening is all about using space wisely to regain a closer connection with your food and beautify your home or neighborhood.

  • RENEWABLE ENERGY

    Explore energy resources, such as wind, solar, hydroelectric, biomass, geothermal, ocean thermal, and wave power, that replenish themselves within a short period.

  • LOCAL FARMERS MARKETS

    Locating the Farmers' Market nearest to you is now only a few clicks away. Localharvest.org is a useful and straight-forward site designed to faciliate your quest.

Sunday

Yellow Curry Daal Recipe: A Scrumptious Sludge

Posted by vergelimbo On 5:05 PM 5 comments

2 lbs split chick peas [soaked]
2 large onions
8 cloves garlic
1 cup sliced baby carrots
2 red peppers
1 can coconut milk
1 cup vegetable stock
1 Tbsp Yellow Curry Powder
3 Tbsps Yellow Curry Paste
1/2 cup dried cranberries

When I make soup, I usually follow the "Go Big or Go Home" Maxim. As a result, I have an unusual 2-pot technique. I simmer the chick peas in a large cauldron-usually with some vegetable or chicken stock-until it is done. Simultaneously in a large frypan, I sautee all the vegetables, then add the coconut milk, stock, curry paste etc. When they are well blended, I pour these ingredients back into the massive pot, and simmer until done.
My "upsizing" has led me to start an ad hoc soup network whereby I deliver fresh soups to my friends and they, in turn, reciprocate. Another perk of making large batches is the benefit of "Aromatherapy" ... soup slowly simmering smells like home.



5 comments:

wow...you cook too! i am impressed. you have me thinking about making soup now...what a wonderful idea.

Yum. Can I join the soup network? I love to make soup and my freezer is full, but I just can not make a smaller quantity. Ever.

Men are like soup: you always want to have one on the back burner, just in case.

Hi. Love your recipe! I must try it...sounds pretty easy with your technique! Thanks...

Mmmm...sounds devine...thank you!